This second conference of the Blue Bioeconomy Forum will bring together all interested stakeholders, to discuss the latest developments in the sector. It will be the occasion to unveil and discuss the draft Roadmap for the Blue Bioeconomy in Europe. Roundtables will be organised to debate on the most important challenges and suggested solutions (on policy, environment and regulation; finance and business development; value chain, markets and consumers; and science, technology and innovation). BBI JU Project Officer Thomas Vyzikas will give a presentation in the plenary session.
The Blue Bioeconomy Forum is an initiative funded by the European Commission. It is organized for industries, public agencies, financial organizations, researchers and civil society, working on or interested in the Blue Bioeconomy of the EU – aquatic and marine environments. Participants will have a chance to learn about the development of blue bioeconomy in the EU, to shape the future of this sector and to discuss opportunities with the European Commissioner for Environment, Maritime Affairs and Fisheries – Karmenu Vella.
In addition, the afternoon will be dedicated to networking and presentations of current initiatives:
- Inspirational projects and success stories
- Open science and the Blue Bioeconomy
- Role of regions in the development of the Blue Bioeconomy in Europe
- Presentations of the European Enterprise Network (EEN) and European Innovation Council (EIC)
- Presentation of the Assistance Mechanism for Blue Investment
- Presentations of EABA and BBI JU
The 8 BBI JU aquatic biomass projects (ABACUS, AQUABIOPRO-FIT, BIOSEA, MACRO CASCADE, MAGNIFICENT, SpiralG, VALUEMAG, WASEABI will participate and exhibit at the event to demonstrate their achievements in research and innovation.
Why should you join?
- You will learn about trends, opportunities and challenges that are faced by different actors of the Blue Bioeconomy sector in the EU.
- You will have opportunities to meet key stakeholders of the Blue Bioeconomy sector.
- You will be invited to participate in discussions with experts in the areas of policy, environment and regulation, finance and business development, value chain and markets, and science, technology and innovation.
- You will be able to help shape the roadmap for the development of the Blue Bioeconomy of the EU.
- You will be able to learn on key EU initiatives to support SMEs in Europe: Enterprise Europe Network business services, European Innovation Council Pilot and the BlueInvest Platform, etc.