A European public-private partnership is needed to de-risk an emerging industry. It will help pooling resources together from public and private sectors, in order to create a common platform that will allow for the leverage of further investment in the bio-based industries. It will also allow the industry to get organized along the bioeconomy value chain.
The BBI provides for:
- A clear framework that brings clarity for activities & investments
- Long term stability and predictability
- A joint approach, across sectors and geographies
- Joint financial commitment and a jointly defined programme that unite parties who would otherwise find these activities to be too risky for an individual sector/company to carry out on its own
- The ability to leverage additional investments.