Call identifier: H2020-BBI-JTI-2020
The Bio-based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) is responsible for the implementation of open Call for proposals for Research and Innovation Actions (RIAs), Innovation Actions (IAs - DEMOs and FLAGs) and Coordination and Support Actions (CSAs), in line with the Horizon 2020 rules for participation.
Highlights of Call 2020
- The Call 2020 is the seventh in a total of seven Calls between 2014 and 2020.
- 4 strategic orientations: Feedstock, Process, Products, and Market uptake.
- Indicative budget: €102 million (the call budget may be topped up by unused BBI JU appropriations from previous years within the limit set in the call budget flexibility).
- 16 topics: 5 RIAs, 4 CSAs, 4 DEMOs, 3 FLAGs.
- Estimated value of the in-kind contributions by the members other than the Union or their constituent entities (BIC): minimum €49 million.
- Proposal submission via the Funding & tender opportunities portal
Call timing (tentative)
- Publication of topic texts (via the Annual Work Plan 2020): December 2019.
- Call opening: 15 April 2020.
- Call closure: 3 September 2020, 17:00 CET.
- Proposal evaluations (indicative): October – November 2020.
- Results sent to applicants (indicative): December 2020 – January 2021.
- The Annual Work Plan 2020, which also contains the full topic texts.
- Call booklet
- 2020 BBI JU Virtual Info Day of 22 April
- Via the Partnering Platform, you can create free, online profiles to interact with other potential BBI JU Call applicants. The Partnering Platform will be updated by early Q2 2020, as to include the Call 2020 topic texts.
- For the applicants interested in receiving professional support or advice nationally, you are encouraged to contact the respective member of the network of National Contact Points.
- The ‘additional documents’ described below.
- Guide for applicants
- FAQ for applicants
- BBI JU Strategic Innovation and Research Agenda (SIRA)
- Horizon 2020 Rules for participation
- BBI JU Derogation to H2020 Rules for Participation
- BBI JU Regulation of establishment
- Horizon 2020 Regulation of Establishment
- Communication from BIC regarding the project beneficiaries contribution (21/09/2018)